My birthday is on the 13th of this month and I’ve been busy making a wishlist of the gifts I want! This year, my list is very skincare centric. Why? Well, I’m currently 8 months pregnant and instead of the ‘pregnancy glow’ everyone told me I’d have, I’m suffering from a lot of breakouts and hyper sensitive skin. After obsessively reading and rereading Caroline Hirons’ and A Model Recommends’ skincare posts, I’ve decided on the following stuff:
1. Ren kit for sensitive skin – This comes with a cleansing milk, moisturiser, mask and serum and I’m hoping these will work for my skin without irritating it.
2. Ren Clarifying toner – Apparently chemical exfoliation is the norm now, rather than physical exfoliation with scrubs. It sounds a bit scary, but this toner seems to be the gentlest of the lot reviewed online so I’m ready to give it a try!
3. Liz Earle skin boost tonic – I used this back when Liz Earle’s Cleanse and Polish was the most hyped product in the blogosphere. While I didn’t like the cleanser, I loved the toner and I’m not sure why I never repurchased. Better late than never, right?
4. Clinique Take The Day Off cleansing balm – I’ve been dying to try a cleansing balm but the famed Emma Hardie one is a bit too expensive for me, not to mention hard to get here in India. But this Clinique balm cleanser has been approved both by Caroline Hirons and Ruth of a A Model Recommends and has some excellent reviews online. I’m really excited to give this one a try!
That’s it for skincare. Here are the only two items on my makeup wishlist:
1. Mac Pro Longwear concealer – I have tried this concealer a few times now and even wanted to buy it last month, but they didn’t have my shade (NW35) in stock last month. Hopefully I can find it this month.
2. Revlon balm stain in Crush – I haven’t tried these lip balm-lip stain hybrids yet and wasn’t really planning to until Crush, a lovely deep berry, caught my eye. I do have a lot of lippies, but I’m sure my birthday allows me to get just one more…right?!
And that’s it! It isn’t a very long list and I’m hoping my family understood all the hints I’ve been dropping lately!!!